• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Right speaker alternator whine - need recommendations

MynticeLX

Ok - so about 2 weeks ago my back rear passenger speaker started buzzing intermittently when the radio was on. It would go higher and lower based on me pressing the gas pedal. I took it into our local stereo shop and they immediately told me (without looking at it) that it was the Bose amp going bad and I would have two options - 1. New Headunit to bypass bose amp or 2. New amp to replace bose.

So I took it back in today to get an official diagnosis by having them look at it and they said they confirmed that it was the bose amp going bad. However, I read on their notes sheet (that I wasn't supposed to see) that they inspected the amp, speaker and headunit and found no issues - it also said there was no noise at all. So this is understandable since the problem is intermittent. However, they once again came out and said it was definitely the amp going bad...

My question to you guys - do you agree, or think it may be something else. This is the second shop that immediately jumped to the conclusion that the bose amp is going bad.. so hey, maybe it is..

Are there any other options beyond the two mentioned above? Any advice is welcome! Thanks

2003 Avalanche NFE with Bose system

Well if is not a loose wire, AMPs can go bad. You could just replace the stock AMP, but it may be a good time to upgrade.

HTH

Just wondering, did you get this problem solved?  I just replaced the board and a couple of knobs on my bose stereo, had a hard time getting it out of the dash, and now my right passenger speaker is doing the same thing.  I wonder if somehow I messed up the wiring and that is causing the issue, never had a problem until I put the unit back in.  :help:

Back