• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Oregon Coast Meet/Cruise Nov. 9-10,2002

AvaLance

SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
Ok here is the information on the cruise it will be November 9th and 10th here is the other info
Day 1
9:00am Meet at the Astoria Column
9:30am Cruise to Seaside, OR ETA 9:55am (1 hour stop)
-Cruise Promenade Street, Park and tour the promenade, Icld. Arcade, Shops, Ect.
10:55am Cruise to Tillamook, OR ETA 12:00 noon (1 hour stop)
-eat lunch at the Tillamook Chese Factory Cafe
-Tour the Tillamook Chese Factory
1:00pm Cruise to Lincoln City, OR ETA 1:57pm (1 hour or less stop)
-Opt. go to mall
-Opt. Beach fun at D river Beach Access
2:57pm Cruise to New Port, OR ETA 3:34pm
-go to Ripply's Belive it or not, Wax Museum, and undersea gardens $17.90 per person for all 3
-Free time tell 6:00pm
6:00pm Meet at Wax Museum Cruise to Shirley's on D Bay for dinner
we will spend the night in New Port, OR

Motels

Agate Beach Motel
175 Gilbert Way New Port, OR
(541) 265-8746

Days Inn
544 SW Coast HWY New Port, OR
(541) 265-5767

La Quinta Inn & Suites
45 SE 32nd street New Port, OR
(541) 867-7727

Camping

Beverly Beach State Park (Where I will be staying)
198 NE 123rd St. New Port, OR
1-800-452-5687

Day 2
9:00am meet at Beverly State Park
9:30am Cruise to Oregon Coast Aquarium in New Port
10:00am Tour Oregon Coast Aquarium (1 hour or more stop)
11:00am Cruise to Florence, OR ETA 12:06pm
-Go to Heceta head Light house for group pics (10min stop)
11:16am Cruise to Reedsport, OR ETA 12:49pm
-Eat Lunch at TBA (1 hour or less stop)
-Beach Driving at TBA (I called the chamber and there is beach driving there and she is going to send me a map where the beach driving is, she did say that 4x4 would be best) (30 min stop)
2:20pm Cruise to Port Orford, OR ETA 4:02pm
-Take a brake for bathrooms and pics at Battle Rock wayside (10 min stop)
4:12pm Cruise to Gold Beach, OR ETA 4:46pm
-Go to Prehistoric Gardens (1 hour or less stop)
5:46pm Cruise to Brookings, OR ETA 6:20pm
-Go to Whaleshead Beach Resort for Fairwell dinner and awards

I would like to see at least 5 AV's but 3 or 4 would be ok I would like to have a head count by Nov 1st let me know what you think and let me know if you will be attending or not this will be a fun cruise it will give you a good look at what the Oregon coast is all about.

If you have any questions send me an IM or call me on my Cell phone (541) 786-3563
~Lance N. Knopp~

I am tentatively in AvaLance - I'll let you know by the 1st. Based on feedback I'm bagging the Oct 26th trip to Spokane. I'm thinking first weekend in December, weather dependent though...

Oh yeah.... :D

I gotta check with my better half. So far, we are a definate maybe. Camping on the Coast is a blast.

Look's like there will be ample time to throw the crab pots in along with some fishing line! :D

well I have some good news and I have some bad news so here is the good news I found a place that we can drive on the beach it is Horse Fall Beach just south of Reedsport but here is the bad news we all have to have a Off-Highway Vehicle sticker (I relly don't know why I told the ladie that they were Avalanche's) but they are $10.00 each but they are good for 2 yrs. for all Oregon beach driving I don't know about WA but I will find out so if you don't what to spend the money to drive on the beach there will be an alterive things to do you can stay in Reedsport and go shoping ect. or come to the beach and take pics walk fly kite what ever I think I am planing on driving on the beach but if no one else is interested I will do what ever every one else whats to do. so on Nov. 1st when you let me know if your coming or not also let me know if you will be driving on the beach.
~See Ya Nov. Lance Knopp
any question just send me an IM or call me on my cell phone (541) 786-3563

Things are looking up. ?We are getting nearer to an OK. If we can make it it will only be part of the way. ?It is too long of a drive back from the Cal. border when I work the next day.

Here is some info on the Permits.

The Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area has 3 different locations for driving on the beach/dunes:
You can get your sticker just about in every town on the coast near the dunes and at G.I. Joe's.

Thanks for all your help PDX I think we will drive at Winchester Bay if that is what every one wants thanks again for all your help mebe we should stop at a store near reedsport for a little cheaper permit the one at the dunes national recreation area is $10.00 cash

Ok to gain some intrest I am going to post some pics I took this summer when I was down in Lincoln City

Attachments

• Mvc-015s.jpg
    Mvc-015s.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 4
I stayed in one there a few years back. The racoons are absolutely out of control! They got into the coolers and got into fights right outside of the door. Sounded like a major brawl too! In the one where I was at, there were two beds, one was a bunk bed with a double sized mattress on the bottom. Heaters were sweet too. I'm not sure on the proximity to the camping area though. It would be neat to have a marshmallow roast or something.

all right sounds good that night after dinner (some time) I will buy marshmallows and wood and we will rost them over a fire at my camp site I am just going to stay in my AV tent PDX Kevin thanks again for all your help you have been a huge help to me I sure hope you can go.

It would be neat to see how many people are staying at the Beverly Beach CampGround and then get several sites next to each other

Ok here is the new and improved plan

Day 1
All the same but here is the change
8:00pm-??? Meet a Beverly Beach Camp Ground at my Camp Site TBA for a meet/greet it will be BYOB but I will provide wood for the camp fire and the Marshmallows to rost I will let you know what campsite I have at dinner that night
Day 2
all the same but this
-stop at Duns rec. head quarters to buy OHV passes for people driving on the beach these are $10.00 (or some where else)
-Beach Driving at Winchester bay

again I will need to know for the most part how many will be coming by Nov. 1st because I am going to print maps for every one and I will need to know how many marshmallows to buy I hope to see you all I have about 7 AV that have shown interest in it I have 4 that say they will know by Nov. 1st. I have emailed the other people but I have not got any response yet if I have more then 2 AV saying that they will come I will still do it (because I don't want to be the only one who shows up) I have a feeling that we will have more then 2
See Ya Lance Knopp
Any Question send me an IM or call me at (541) 786-3563

nf-avgirl said:
?It would be neat to have a marshmallow roast or something.

It's just not camping without smores ;D We always make a Costco run for smore supplies before any campout. Hey, I think we are going to Costco next week. Might get a box of hershey's to jump in the cart when my wife isn't looking.

That would be a huge help I hope to get over to Costco when I am over in Boise this weekend

any one from the portland area coming on the cruise:\
I will be staying the night in Portland on the 8th I will leave after school on the 8th and go to Portland area ( I am staying with my grandparents) but any way I though we could convoy up to Astoria togeather? so let me know what you think

Sign me up! ;D My schedule has been cleared for that weekend. As far as camping at Beverly Beach maybe we should look at getting a group campsite ???

Group Camp A Maximum 25 people per group area. One RV (under 20 feet) per area. Group Camp A is in area 1 This area is a large flat grassy area. Maximum 6 vehicles per area. Reservations must be cancelled three (3) business days prior to the arrival date in order to receive a refund. If the reservation is not cancelled prior to the three days, the deposit will not be refunded. The $6 reservation fee is non-refundable.

AvaLance said:
any one from the portland area coming on the cruise... ...we could convoy up to Astoria togeather?
Sounds like fun. Sort of extends our run. Or is it a prerun? We are in Beaverton (in the Portland metro).

I like the idea of the group site. And by the way, count me in for Nov. 9. I have to leave Sunday morning, but I'm a definite. I'm also bringing a passenger. I'm happy to tag along with anyone if they want to drive to Astoria together (avalance). I have to work on friday until 4pm if you want to go then, or on Saturday morning. Whatever is fine with me. See you all there!!!

So how many are going? or may go? Of those, how many are interested in a group tent camp spot?

I am not sure how many will one group spot hold out at Beverly. Will one do or will there be a need for two spots? Maybe near the Yurts?

Back