• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Dec. 7 Oregon Dunes 4x4 Meet

AvaLance

SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
On the Oregon Coast Cruise we drove on the Oregon dunes it was a blast I had alot of fun so Chief and I were talking about doing a cruise on the Oregon Dunes on Dec. 7th, 2002 You will need to have a 4x4 Avalanche and a Flag, OHV pass, and a NW Coast Pass Let me know if there is interest I will post some pics of me, Chief and PDXKevin on the dunes

Ok here is a kind of plan let me know what every one thinks

9:30am meet at the Sports store in Florence Oregon where you can get passes and flags
10:00am cruise to South Jetty and drive on the dunes
12:00noon eat lunch on the beach (pack a lunch)
More beach driving
4:00pm find a car wash and wash our AVs
6:00pm meet some where for dinner

Let me know what you 4x4 AV owners think

PDXKevin before I get to fair ahead of my self I have a question where did you get those maps that showed all the USFS roads and how hard they were I think I want to add some USFS roads to my plans

I got my maps from Lee's Camp Store on Hwy 6. ?Lee's Camp Store carries maps, snacks, OHV and the best hot dogs on the Coast!

Here are the Tillamook State Forest Visitor Map and Guide
List of Retailers.

The following links are courtesy of the Oregon Bush Hackers:If you are more specific in your trail needs I can get a route put together to match that degree of difficulty- from scenic 2wd to locked and loaded only (so long as you bring a couple winches). Make sure to check to find out the latest info on trail closures and/or other conditions.

...and now for something completely different. The Oregon Sand Dunes info

Back