• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Portland Chapter's Cookie Exchange ~ Funblast

pdxkevin

SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
~~~~~~~~~~~UPDATE~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Great Cookie Exchange: meet, greet, eat & run.

Next Meet Date and Time:
Sunday, December 22, 2002 at 8am

Next Meet Location:
Starbucks by the Beaverton Fred Meyer
11405 SW Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy
Beaverton, Oregon ?97005

Have a great time meeting other local AV fans and checking out each other's AV!

This one day run will include a cookies exchange, sledding/snow tubing (snow permitting) up on Mount Hood, lunch at a location yet to be determined, and several photo ops along the way to the Lodge.

Bring a batch or two of your favorite cookies/bars (and recipe) to share and exchange!

Count me in! I have to work in the morning though. I'd like to do cookies, dinner and lights. Maybe we could make a snow day another time? Snow is around for awhile.

If I could make it I would like the day run with sleding and fun in the snow I don't know if I can make it because the previous weekend I might be on the coast the weekend before

Already busy that day, otherwise I'd love to come for a cookie-fest, light show, or snow run. Keep 'em coming, though'--I'll join you guys eventually. Glad to see that the Portland chapter has gotten a jump-start by last weekend's coast cruise!

Brendan in Salem

Okay, okay, now I can't go. Kevin, you might be on your own on this one. My step-sister justgave me the date for her bridal shower,and it's Dec 14. Sorry, I really wish I could meet again. Try another date? ???

Ok as of now count me in I would love to come down I personaly would like the day better but thats just me eather way i am planing on coming i am caning the dec. 7 dunes meet and going to shoot for Feb.

December has got to be the hardest month to try to get things rollng for a meet. :6:

Just got the definite that weekend of the Dec 7th is booked. The evening on Saturday the 14th is booked. The evening on Saturday the 21st is booked. Work/Client/Office parties.

Anyone up for either Sunday the 15th? Sunday the 22nd? or Saturday the 28th?

If your not up for playing in the snow or seeing the lights, How bout a ride out to Camp 18 or Timberline Lodge for an AV dinner? Any other suggestions?

Like I wrote, December is not an easy month to get something rolling.

I am free the 22nd! Whatever is going on is fine with me. As I absolutely love to eat, I would love to do a dinner destination, but I'm in for it all.

OK we got 3 votes for the December 22nd up at Timberline lodge.

How about a teaser menu? breakfast, lunch or dinner

I am leaning towards lunch. It will give us more chances for photos ops. Last run we haed up to the top of Mount Hood it got dark too fast to get most of the photos we wanted to take.

PDX you might email BRMiller to see what he is doing that weekend.
Are we still doing the cookie exchange or are we just meeting for luch and what else will we be doing that day

AvaLance said:
PDX you might email BRMiller to see what he is doing that weekend.
Yep, just got off my duff to read the thread. I was gonna miss 'cause I was busy the 14th. Busy the 15th too. I *think* I'm free the 22nd (afternoon), but I'm pretty sure Mrs. Brmiller has to work which will be a major bummer for her, but I'll see if she'll let me go by myself. :)

Otherwise, I'd be interested in the run up the hill for pictures and to slide around in the snow, etc., but probably a good idea to try to get off the mountain before it gets too dark. I don't want to get smacked by some loser in the dark. Plus, by waiting until the 22nd, hopefully there'd be more snow by then.

What's the official meeting place, anyway?

Brendan

If you Avers want me too I will call Suburban Chevrolet in Sandy OR which is on the way up to Timberline I will see if they will let us meet there that way we could check out the 03's they have ;D

Talk to Brian Goodwin there. He's a sales manager. He's also a very good friend of my boyfriend Jim and I. We all used to work at Wilsonville Chev. together. Tell him hi for us.

I believe that NF-Girl has talked with the folks down at Willsonville Chev. and got them to agree to be a sponsor for our Portland Chapter.

AvaLance said:
...Are we still doing the cookie exchange.
I will be bringing a bunch of cookies to share/exchange. I am working on other goodies too.

I plan on bringing a couple roll up sleds. Hopefully we will have snow by then.

brmiller said:
...What's the official meeting place, anyway?

The meeting place for this run is still as listed in the opening post: The Beaverton Fred Meyer Starbucks. Although the idea of drooling over the '03s in Sandy does sound enticing. This may create a mini-run from the West Side over to the Sandy dealership. That's why I think we should keep it at the Starbucks.

How many are going? How many may go? I need to know by the 18th in order to get stuff set up.

2way radios should be set to channel 12 subchannel 22 for this run.

pdxkevin said:
The meeting place for this run is still as listed in the opening post: The Beaverton Fred Meyer Starbucks.
Okay--I see that now. And at 8am. Oof. If I come, I wouldn't make it until noonish--where would I find folks at noonish? Do you (or will you) have an itinerary by-the-hour?

Brendan

brmiller said:
--where would I find folks at noonish? ?Do you (or will you) have an itinerary by-the-hour?

I thought about starting out later but man, time really flies by when you are on a run. If most of those attending wish to start later than later we shall start.

I am putting together a leg by leg timeline for this run and will post it as soon as it is presentable.

Those who sleep in and want to catch up later in the day may find it helpful to call me on my cell or reach us via 2way as you get near. either way I hope to see you there.

8AM sounds good to me so what all are we doing that day. I will bring some cookies down with me I will have to put them in the back or on my 4 hour drive down they might not be there any more >:D

AvaLance said:
I will bring some cookies down with me I will have to put them in the back or on my 4 hour drive down they might not be there any more >:D
Too true. Too true. We are putting ours in the back too. Well, all but that small 'survival' bag of cookies to keep me from pulling over to 'check' on them in the back.

So are we still on for the cruise I am going to leave friday after school if it is and what will the day include??

Back