• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Portland's Yellow AV Afternoon Cruise ~ 03/08/03

AvaLance

SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
Portland's Yellow AV afternoon cruise

Next Meet Date and Time:
Saturday, March 8, 2003 at noon

Next Meet Location:
Starbucks by the Beaverton Fred Meyer
11405 SW Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy
Beaverton, Oregon ?97005

Have a great time meeting other local AV fans and checking out each other's AV!

We will be heading over to Carr Chevy to see a brand new '03 Yellow AV, then cruise over to our Suppoting Area Dealership, Willsonville Chevy, to see a Yellow Tahoe. ?This cruise is a GTG to introduce the dealerships to CAFCNA, see the new vehicles, plan future runs/meets over lunch, meet the new Portland Chapter Coordinator, and in general have a great time.

~~~~~~~~~ coordinator update ~~~~~~~~~~~

I was looking on GM Buypower and I see Carr Chevrolet in Beaverton has a 2003 Yellow AV coming in I am going to see when they have it on the lot for sure but I was thinking if any one in the Portland Area wanted to make a cruise out of it cruise over and check out the new Yellow and leave some club brosures at the dealership and then cruise to lunch and maybe do somthing else let me know what every one thinks I don't know about the rest of you guys but I can't wait to see a yellow AV in person like I said I will look on the locater and see when they have it in for sure I will let every one know.

Details to come

Kevin do you have any ideas for what we could do for a cruise after lunch?? I looked around other dealers to see if any one had a WBH coming but no none any were in the Portland Area

There are lots of things to do. Several things need to be determined first:
  • Paved driving?
  • 4 wheeling?
  • Kicking back showing off the AVs?
  • Daytime?
  • Evening time?
  • Picnic cruise?
  • How long of a gtg?
Hillary,
What are your thoughts?

I personaly am for a picnic cruise Depending on the weather I don't want a 4 Wheeling cruise (1 because there are people who might not want to go off-roading) it is going to be a day time cruise and How long it does not mater to me like you said Hillary what do you think?

Well I have some good news and some bad news
The Good News: It sounds like the Yellow AV is in stock I got an email saying that it is the 1st yellow AV they have in I send him an email conferming that it is in stock

The Bad news: I might have to Cancel this cruise unless some one down there would like to take it over I would really like to see the Yellow but it falls too close to the Family fest in 2 weeks that would mean next weekend I would be in Portland and come home and then leave again for the family fest I will let you know for sure soon but it looks like the dealership I work for will be getting a yellow AV also we just sold the red one we had so I just might have to wait a few weeks before I see one

I think this sounds like a good, easy run to do. The story on the yellow Av is that it was a sold order, but the customer backed out of the deal. I have a hockey game that night at 6, but an afternoon gtg would be fun. We could meet at Starbucks, then cruise to Carr, then... Let me get back to y'all on this one. I would like to do this one though.

Well I am sorry I will not be able to make it, the timing is wrong for me I am going to family fest on the 8th :6: but please do this cruise I would love to see pics of the yellow at a dealership and a yellow with the tan leather in
Sorry again I will see you on another cruise one day (y)

We could make this a lifted vehicle sightseeing venture and go to Wilsonville Chevrolet to see their new yellow Tahoe with a 6" lift and painted flares! We could start at Starbucks at 2(?) and cruise to Carr to see the yellow Avalanche, and then cruise to Wilsonville to see the yellow Tahoe. What do you think?

Well it does not matter to me because on the 8th I am going to the family fest. so what ever date you guys want to do

Man I sure wish I could go Hurb ?? just emailed me tonight and said to call ahead to make sure the AV is still there he told me that he also wants to keep informed with cruises in the area he will send some of his AV customers our way (y) he also send me a pic of the AV kind of a bad shot but proff that is it in stock

Attachments

• yellowcarr.jpg
    yellowcarr.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 2
AvaLance said:
Man I sure wish I could go Hurb ?? just emailed me tonight and said to call ahead to make sure the AV is still there he told me that he also wants to keep informed with cruises in the area he will send some of his AV customers our way (y) he also send me a pic of the AV kind of a bad shot but proff that is it in stock

There yeah go. That is a great way to increase the local chapter sizes. Way to go. We will have to make some more Central Oregon cruises. Any day cruises coming up out there?

Well, if we have a dealer in the area who is interested in the club, then someone must go down there and give him the low-down. Checking out the yellow Av (if still there) and then the yellow lifted Tahoe sounds pretty cool, and I think this would fit with Kevin's suggestion of a monthly micro-meet (4-6 hours) in lieu of the monsters we've been trying to pull off so often. A 10-3 activity with lunch in the middle sounds like a great plan.

I'm busy the 1st, but if all these trucks we want to see last until the 8th, I could do it then. I might even have my rig fixed by then. :)

Brendan

<..... a few minutes go by ...... >

Still thinking about this.
  • Since Lance can't make either weekend, it seems that one of us should plan this instead of him. (Hillary, want to give your first one a shot?)
  • We've been talking about a smallish event to get our chapter "kicked off" better. If there are some other Portland/NWOregon lurkers, we should draw in as many of them as possible.
  • If 10-3 is too long, we could make it super-informal and just have a lunchtime GTG, greet, and maybe one dealer stop.
  • If this is of interest to folks, I really should recruit all the Salem Avs I see every day...
  • Lastly, March 1 doesn't leave a lot of time for recruiting. March 8 would be better, but still not technically enough lead time for pre-members. Maybe we could start with getting the actual OR members from the club together for once.
Brendan probably needs to go to bed before trying to put any more thoughts together, huh? ??? (I need a :yawn: smiley)

March 8th works much better for us, too.

Those are some great points.

Do you watch channel 8, KGW, on the weekend mornings? ?They have a little list of events being held that people may want to attend.I don't think that we are ready for this yet, but maybe this summer something could be done with it. I see that the local Lion's chapter is hosting an All-you-can-eat pancake breakfast. I have done a couple of these back in college. We could do one if we find the right charity and clear it with upper management. How about a carwash/AV show?

We should pick a restaurant with a great view of the parking lot from the street. ?Something that will work to promote the Chapter as we eat. There needs to be high traffic flow on the street that is going realatively slow, too. The first one to come to mind is Tom's Pancake House in Beaverton. ?We will drive past it on the way to and from Car Chevy.

Getting people in Salem involved is a great idea. ?I would be up for coming down to some GTGs there. ?

This is great. ?Keep coming up with ideas....

I have the roller hockey championships on the weekend of March 8. If us three just want to meet up at like 12 or something. We could just do a short 2 hour meet, and give me some time to plan an afternoon gig in thr future. I just saw a black NF 02 Av with amber drls yesterday. They need to join! The Portland chapter has the potential to get really big. Let's just do a quick meet on Saturday, and save the planning for a better weekend. Thoughts?

That's cool. Let's save the planning for another time, then. That gives me time to tag a few more Salemites for later in the year. Maybe we'll get lucky and some of the other known Portlanders on the club will be able to join us as well.

Brendan

I was just going to say if some one down there could take over the planing I would love to go but it just can't work out that way I hope every thing goes well I will be awaiting pics

Absolutely, Lance. No one expects you to plan another Portland activity. That's Hillary's job! ;D One of us Western Oregonians will take this one--good inspiration though.

Brendan

I know one of you guys down there would be happy to take over the planing and this will be good for Hillary to do to plan her 1st cruise (y) now I just have to get you guys to come on the east side of the state for a cruise >:D

Okay Portland, who's in? Tentative timeline for March 1st yellow Av run:

-Meet at 12 noon at the parking lot of the 24 hour Starbucks next to Fred Meyer in Beaverton.

-Cruise to Carr Chevrolet in Beaverton to see the only yellow Avalanche in Portland, pass out brochures, and build Avcitement.

- 20 min Cruise to Wilsonville Chevrolet in Wilsonville, OR to see the 6" lifted yellow Tahoe, and pass out brochures.

This will be a quick cruise/gtg to see friends, preview new mods, and get to know the dealers.

Who's in? pdxkevin, brmiller...

Look's like this is the same day that Ed from CA is flying in to pick up his AV! I wonder how close the timing will be on this? It would be a great intro to the AVing.

I'm in. I don't see lunch on the menu. Does this meen eat before you arrive, grab something at Starbucks, or ??? No problem either way--just wanna make sure it wasn't an oversight.

Brendan

Back