• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Oregon Coast ~ Forest/Beach/Camp/Dunes 04/05/03

pdxkevin

SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
Due to a large percentage of attendees being unable to attend/plan this event at the last minute, it has been canceled. Hope to see all Oregon and SW Washington AVers at a later date.

What:
Oregon Coast ~ Forest romp, Beach clean, Campout, and Dunes Cruise

Meet Date and Time:
Saturday, April 5th, 2003 at 9:00 am

Meet Location:
Starbucks by the Beaverton Fred Meyer
11405 SW Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy
Beaverton, Oregon 97005

Meet Activities:
Playing on the beach is a blast. with everyones help it only takes a couple hours once a year to help keep it clean so we can enjoy the coast while we are there. We can help out in the Great Oregon Spring Beach Cleanup and help spread the word about CAFCNA.

Saturday, April 5th marks the date for the annual Great Oregon Spring Beach Cleanup. Volunteers may check in at one of 41 meeting sites, pick up a litter bag, and head down to the beach to help improve the coast for wildlife and visitors. Coordinators suggest volunteers bring gloves, wear sturdy shoes, and be safe while having a good time!

Since this is only a couple hours out of the morning on Saturday.... It leaves the plenty of time for a nice cruise through the woods. I need to know who is interested in a little off roading in the woods and who would prefer to stay on the pavement. A route for both can be planned with enough notice.

By this time of year the weather should be more hospitable for tenting on the coast. Don't worry about being left out if you prefer to motel/hotel it. The overnighter will be in an area that offers both choices. For those camping - I need a head count so that we can get a group space(s). This time we will do s'mores!

This should free up most of Sunday as a day to check out the town of Florence or play in the sand dunes just south of town!

15784818.jpg

More details as plans develop....

subject changed to reflect canceled status and note added by brmiller

Sweet that is on my B-day I am in this will be one of the best B-days I will ever have (y)

How many are interested? The weather should be nice enough to camp. If we are going to tent it, I want to reserve one or two group camping spots before they fill up.

In the immortal words of Beavis...

"We're there dude!"

I'm putting Saturday on the calendar. We might just head there for the beach cleanup and whatever afternoon woods run you schedule. Would love to do some off-roading too. I dunno about the Rincon--isn't that some hunting thing? ???

Brendan

Hunting ... thing ... ? Well, I guess you coul use it for that. I tend to use it for a dirt-rippin, snow-chuckin, mud-slingin good time.

Okay, so what is it, then? ???

(Echoes of Ren or Stimpy (can't remember which) saying "What is it, mon?")

Brendan

Fish said:
Oh, well, if you MUST know ... look here.

Sheesh Bren, you ever heard of Google? ;D

Okay, this makes more sense--thanks. But dude, I did the google thing and the first umpteen things were locations in Puerto Rico and there was one hunting thingy. I dunno--not enough to get me going. I thought since we were going to be in the forest, maybe you were a hunter... Oh well! Your ATV looks cool!

Brendan

Kevin you wanted a head count on people camping I will be camping in the back of my AV also how long will we be on Sunday I have to drive home that day too I am about 5-6 hours from home on the coast

AvaLance said:
Kevin you wanted a head count on people camping I will be camping in the back of my AV also how long will we be on Sunday I have to drive home that day too I am about 5-6 hours from home on the coast

We will ride for a while on Sunday. How long may depend upon the weather and the entheusiasm of the attendees. It will be over formally just after lunch. this should give us time to play and then share tales over a bite.

We are definately tenting it. I am holding out for the next AV tent raffle. Until then we will use the old ground based dome tent.

Am I right in going with 3 happy campers? AvaLance, Chief, and Myself. Anyone else?

I will post a better itinerary soon. If you have things you want to see or do.... Post 'em!

Days Left: 67
AVs attending: 5

pdx: We are a maybe for the cleanup/play/camp weekend. (Do maybes do you any good? :) ) Anyway. Still sorting out schedules and such, but this is one we'd like to do. And it's close enough to be "local". We would tent camp on the ground if we came.

Just thought I'd check in.

Brendan

PDXKevin where is a good place to camp out that way? I am so excited this is going to be the best B-day ever (well other then last year when I turned 16 and got to drive) but I will be camping in my well loved AV :love: and spending time with good friends (considering I don't have many my own age (y)
See ya
Lance

Now that this is 3 weeks away, I thought I should stir it up again. I gotta re-discuss this with my wife to see if we're still on, but last I checked it was a go.

Just wanted to make sure this was still the plan given some of our "over-cruised Oregonian" discussions.

I know you love picking Beaverton Starbucks as a meeting place, but what's the actual route? I think I'll pass on the double-back through Salem, if you're ultimately heading toward Florence. Don't know which beach site you had in mind for the cleanup--guess we can't be getting there too late in the morning, so we don't want to have a 2+ hour cruise to the beach.

Brendan

I'm a maybe. There's an ATV poker run near Olympia that weekend. I have to decide how far I want to drive. :cautious:

Well PDX Kevin Had to bow out so any one still want to do this?? I will take the lead?

It looks like this event may be close to folding. I understand that Chief, SHC, & Fish will be working on club stuff in WA this weekend. After the emergency trip to Seattle last weekend, I'm not sure I'm ready for another couple hundred miles so soon.

What's the final word?

Brendan

doooh..... I hate that. I meant to reply and unwhittingly clicked the modify button. ?Sorry Lance.
That's a first and laast time I do that. that explains why it didn't show up as a post on the home page.

The screen comes up just like a reply screen. ?I am checking this reply as I write to make sure I am replying and not modding. ?Modding the AV is one thing but man...

I think that the idea is still a great one but this year seems to have thrown most of us a curve ball in March. Seems like a better idea to hold off on this run and go up to Linnwoood next weekend instead. ?I'll take a mouthfull of wings over a mouthfull of sand anyday. Hooters does still make wings don't they?

Well, does any one else still want to do this? I am willing to take the lead. Just let me know ASAP please. I need to do some planning if you guys still are willing to get together. I would like to do this being it is my B-day, but I was wondering if any one else is still wanting to go.

CANCELED!!!!!!
Do to lack of notice I do not have the time to plan this cruise. I don't know who all was going, so I am going to say this cruise is CANCELED. Sorry to disappoint anyone, but like I said, I just don't have the time to plan this cruise.

See ya on future cruises

Lance Knopp

AvaLance said:
CANCELED!!!!!!
Do to lack of notice I don't not have the time to plan this cruise and I don't know who all was going so I am going to say this cruise is CANCELED sorry to disapoint any one but like I said I just don't have the time to plan this cruise.
Lance--

No one faults you for this falling through. No one expected you to pick up the ball. I admire your desire to help ensure there are a bounty of OR cruises, but our chapter is still being birthed. In this case, life events have just prevented this one from occurring.

I know how much you were looking forward to this for your birthday. It's not much, but if you want to drive out here to Salem, we'll try to show you a good time. Maybe we can rent some movies, order a pizza, or take you out to dinner--where do you like to eat? That is, if you are still set on not spending your birthday in La Grande. PM me if you want to talk further--we don't need it "out here in public".

Early Happy Birthday to ya!

Brendan

How about you take him to the "Pink Pu$$y Cat" >:D

Let me know if anyone is doing anything in seattle area next wekend....12-13 I will be in town and would like to meet some of you...thanks...or if any seattle/ore people make it to eastern wa look me up....redaval

Back