• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Portland Drive-thru GTG Saturday 5/13/03

pdxkevin

SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
There seems to be some interest in a quick GTG in the Portland area to meet those we pass on the Hwy. ?I am all for it. ?From what I have been hearing, this Sunday will work. ?

Now it is just finding a place.... ?let's see it needs to have ample parking, a good view from the street is always a plus, food/coffee we can take out to the AVs is nice.... are there any A&W or Sonic drive ins anymore? ?You know the kind of place where you can pull into a parking stall and have them bring your food out to your AV..... I know of an A&W out in Hillsboro but it is tucked off to the side.

Any ideas?

How about Mike's Drive-In?

8454304p1.jpg

There are three of them. ?All have great shakes (if not the best in the metro), and I believe the BEST halibut & fries going. Heck, at the above link, they even have a buy-one get one coupon.

That sounds fun, Kevin, but we'll be out of town on Sunday the 18th.

Brendan

There is an A & W drive-in, outside of Sandy OR off of HWY 26(I think) I have been there many time because it is visable and the girls that work there are ;D

I've been racking my brain and can't come up with a better option.... either place sounds great to us.

What time are you thinking about? Afternoon?

if it is lunch time I can make it I will drive down on Saturday night (I will be in Penleton anyway) and then if it was lunch time I could hang around tell 2-3P.M and drive home I would get home at about 7-8p.m. and I would not have to miss school. I hope I can come I really need to get away from La Grande :rolleyes:

Getting away would be nice. I can't wait to break out the tent and go veg in the woods for a weekend. The fishin' poles are all lined up ready to go....

... but this weekend. Sunday. Lunch. Sounds good to me. Do they still wear rollerskates (roller blades now) at the A&W?

Which drive-in and time was decided on?

that is a good question I need to leave on Friday night so if we are making this a cruise keep us posted/updated

I am open. I am not familar with the A&W... I don't get over to that side very often. Is it near near Ashley's? I have seen this a couple times on the way back from Mount Hood (never stopped though).

I think even a good Dairy Queen would work.

Is the Giant Drive Inn in Lake Oswego worth checking out? I here the burgers are good.

That sounds like fun, A&W in Boring would be a good spot...Good food easy to get to and everyone on Highway 26 would be able to see all of the Avalanches...A&W has my vote.

Dang wish I could make it, heading to Kirkland for a Conference on Friday AM. Have a cold frosty Root Beer for me!

So I am leaving tomarrow at about 4PM I need to know where we are meeting soon PDXKevin please eather IM me or call me on my cell phone

Well I may or may not be there I was just informed that I might have to work on sunday :cry: I will know for sure by tomarrow

It sounds like A&W in Sandy/Boring area is going to be the best spot....I'm not sure who's idea it was to have this get together but I think its a great spot and anytime of the day would be cool with me...in the afternoon or whatever would be great. So whoever's idea it was come up with a time and we will be there.

The Giant in Lake Oswego is not all that great-small parking lot, small place, in fact I like in LO and I've only been there once!

Early afternoon may work best.... 1pm or right at high noon.

Should be nicer weather in the afternoon.

Here is a map to the A&W in Boring, OR. ?It is out just off of HWY 26 at the intersection of Hwy 26 and State Rd. 212. ?This is just before Sandy, Oregon.

If you want you could make a morning jaunt up to Mount Hood. ?The A&W is along the way.

Look's like this place is known to car/truck clubs all over the place. ?Here is a shot of the Columbia River Camero Club out there. ?Notice view of Hwy 26 in the back ground.

a&w6.jpg

I've been quiet on this until now because I wasn't sure if I could make this, but I have figured out that I most likely will not make this. My son has a basketball tourney this weekend, and we won't know the Sunday game time until after his games tomorrow. :-(

Since this looks like it's on, I'll keep this in mind in case the schedule works out. Have fun and enjoy, though! :)

well I am not for sure but I am 98% sure I will be there at 12:00 noon on Sunday I might have to leave a little early because I have to drive home that night I want to leave by (3:00PM) Hopefully I will see ya guys on sunday

Also I am going to be away from my computer so if anything changes Kevin or Hillary please call me and let me know. Also I am going to see if my boss will let me bring the 2004 Avalanche Color Chart so we all can see the 4 new colors in person and in different lighting, but I will see if my boss will let me bring them.

Back