• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Southern Rendezvous 2002 - Labor Day Weekend

Chief

CAFCNA FOUNDER
Charter Member
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
We are meeting in the parking lot in front of the Summit in at 9 a.m. Saturday morning!

Cloudcroft, New Mexico (9,000 feet altitude) - Unique mountain community which combines the amenities of modern life with the heritage of a pioneer village. Cloudcroft is a wonderful place to get away from the heat and enjoy the delightful pleasures of the mountains. ?It is truly "The Most Enchanting Part of the Land of Enchantment!"

click the image above for an area map​
"Its atmosphere, gorgeous
weather and views, transport its visitors
to a forgotten time"

Come celebrate and meet your fellow Avalanche owners from August 31st to September 2nd for a time you will not forget.The only thing you need to attend is a Chevy Avalanche or Cadillac Escalade EXT and the desire to have the best time of your life. ?This is an event you will not want to miss!!!

Lodging:
All of the lodging is located close together in the Cloudcroft area. ?Make reservations as soon as possible and let us know where you are staying so we can meet up once we all arrive.

Route Planner: ?Free Trip?

Check these out:

Last Cruise Photos

Contact info:
Pete Sauceda
(210) 842-4647
goo929@chevyavalanchefanclub.com

Anyone know how far this is from Lafayette LA.???????
Sounds like fun, but sounds like 15-17 hours of hard driving???????

?Whoa! ?I've been to Cloudcroft and promised myself to go back sometime! It reminded me of Dubios, WY.

? We spent two weeks there on a fire a couple years ago. ?I didn't think I would ever have to worry about going to a meet but this might be doable. ?After all, we drove a one ton Chevy firetruck down there, so the Av would be a breeze in comparison.

?No promises yet, but I'm working on it!

zeeya2000 said:
Anyone know how far this is from Lafayette LA.???????
Sounds like fun, but sounds like 15-17 hours of hard driving???????
Zeeya ... according to FreeTrip it looks like 15 hrs 18 mins.

You can fly to CC or San Antonio and drive up with the San Antonio group. ?We are planning on having a pretty good convoy cruising up.

goo929

zeeya2000 said:
15 hours from Wet San Antonio or Lafayette ???

Hope you are doing ok with all the rain :(
zeeya
15 hrs from Lafayette. ?It says 9 hrs from San Antonio but I know we can do a whole lot better than that ?;D

We are doing OK down here. ?Everyone is starting to dry up. ?Hopefully the new rain won't be as bad.

Southern? I got all excited. You guys might want to rename this event. Most people I know think of South Carolina to Texas and Kentucky to Florida as Southern...not New Mexico. Although, I'd love to come. N.M.'s one of my favorite places I've been but it ain't Southern! They don't serve collard greens or grits to my knowledge.

biscuithead said:
Southern? I got all excited. You guys might want to rename this event. Most people I know think of South Carolina to Texas and Kentucky to Florida as Southern...not New Mexico. Although, I'd love to come. N.M.'s one of my favorite places I've been but it ain't Southern! They don't serve collard greens or grits to my knowledge.
This meet is for all of the Southern, Midwest and Southwestern States (or anyone who really likes to travel). ?We named it to cover a much wider area of the country. ?Heck, next year we might even have it in Louisiana ?;D

Thanks for your interest,

goo929

I will have to talk to my wife. We were there this past Xmas. We were snow tubing in Cloudcroft. My sister has a cabin in Ruidoso. It is about 600 miles from DFW. We usually go to El Paso then up to Cloudcroft. It is much short if we go straight. I think last time we drove back from Ruidoso it took us about 10 hrs. This was on a RV so on the AV it should be around 8 hrs. We usually make about 9 hrs to El Paso and it is 630 miles from DFW.

Goo what are the plans. Would you guys be driving on Fri and meeting up Fri night. I would like to go out to White Sands on Sat or Sun. I would plan to drive back on Mon.

I also heard there is some good fishing up there. Not sure where but I am sure we could find out.

We will definitely be there by Friday night. We are trying to figure what is better for everyone down here. Leave early Friday or late on Thursday and stop half way. White Sands is one of the places the Rough_Riders want to take us. They are very familiar with the place and have friends there too. There is so much to do in the area. Anyone who wants to do some of their own stuff can also break away for a 1/2 day or more too. I wouldn't mind seeing Roswell.

Here is some of the fishing information:

Fishing Around Ruidoso

Silver Springs

I am going to add this to the main post.

We hope to see you there.

goo929

Definite maybe.

If you do White Sands, bring your snow saucers. You know what they are, right? Those things that take up all that space in the attic, waiting for the 45 minutes of decent snow Dallas gets every fourth or fifth year. ;D

kps said:
Definite maybe. ?

If you do White Sands, bring your snow saucers. ?You know what they are, right? ?Those things that take up all that space in the attic, waiting for the 45 minutes of decent snow Dallas gets every fourth or fifth year. ;D
What is snow? ?

goo929 down in "the land that cold weather forgot"

? Hey Goo! ?The better half says we can go! ?Looks like only 11hr 49min away. ?Count us in. ;D ;D ?

? BTW, she wants to armwrestle you! >:D
?

That's great wyoav,

Your better half wants to do what with me? ?What did I do? ?I guess it will be OK. ?I don't like to say no to any lady ?:rolleyes:

I posted the Lodging info on the original post. ?Make your reservations and let us know when you are arriving ;D

goo929

OKay I am in ,

I am trying to get El Paso in on this one.. it is about 1.5 hours from here.
I sometimes work on White sands.

If you guys are going to be coming through El Paso I will get the ones going from El Paso to meet you all at a dealership and we can have a great big av convoy going down HWY 54.... What do you think of that.????

Just let me know.. I have 3 AVs that are on FT Bliss that would go.. just need to get the rest of El Paso to email me.. I have also set up a meeting on the 27 of july to talk about it. So I hope that if you are from around El Paso you will please email me at avalanche@elp.rr.com and let me know you would like to go and that you are a member.......

Thanks GOO for putting this together I can not wait to meet you and the others.. should have a great time because it is a great place.

That town will go nuts with all these truck running around.

again please email me if you are in the El Paso area.
Pete

avalanche@elp.rr.com

As of this morning, I have 9 Avalanches and 24 people showing up in Cloudcroft.

If you want to be added to the list or have any questions please email me at:

goo929@chevyavalanchefanclub.com

Thanks, ;D

goo929

We have our reservations but the pickings were getting slim, better call NOW! We saw a video of the place and it is a very awesome place!

KillerMWD

goo -

Do you have an updated Av and headcount for your webpage?

Chief said:
goo -

Do you have an updated Av and headcount for your webpage?
Working on a tally.

Been busy today on Marble Falls Meet.

BigTex said:
I may have missed it but is the route planned yet, if so what is it?

Thanks,

KillerMWD
The San Antonio group is traveling up on I-10 to Fort Stockton TX ... then North on US 285 .... then west on US 82 to Cloudcroft.

goo929

kps said:
Definite maybe. ?

If you do White Sands, bring your snow saucers. ?You know what they are, right? ?Those things that take up all that space in the attic, waiting for the 45 minutes of decent snow Dallas gets every fourth or fifth year. ;D

Hey kps, is this for real? Goo didn't know anything about it. I had told my kids they could take theirs along, but if it's just a joke I'd rather feel stupid now than show up in NM in the summer with snow saucers on board! :-[

Confused in WY ;D ;D

Wyoav,
yes this is for real. I think they still rent boards. Bring some wax to make those saucers fly. Last time I went out there was about 10 years ago.

Not sure which way I will go, but last time I came from there we went east going towards Roswell. I think it was hwy 82. We took that all the way to Synder then went south towards Abeline, then I-20 to DFW.

Kps are you in for this one?? I think we are as of today. We plan to leave early Fri and return early Mon.

Maybe. It may just be my nine-year-old daughter and I, though. Depending on her school schedule, might have to wait 'till noon or so to head out.

-k.

I have a question re: blueruck's seminar - is he using his own truck to demonstrate?
All his pics have 25' geysers of erupting mud in them, or 3' deep lakes. (y)

Back