• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Southern Rendezvous 2002 Photos

Chief

CAFCNA FOUNDER
Charter Member
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
The Texas group is in CloudCroft, New Mexico ready for tomorrow. ?;D

Here's our group photo from this morning ...

click for high resolution photo

This is what happens when Blueruck shows up to your cruise ;D

Observations/Questions:

1) Which truck is Blueruck? The one in front?
2) You guys sure no how to pose nice. I don't think we did any posing for WW. It was just, "Hey look--14 Avs in a row--get your camera."

Lookin' good--I'm waiting for the 32 AVs in a football field or whatever it's gonna be.

Brendan

Some more from today ...

sr6.jpg
Blueruck is the 2nd AV from the right standing next to his GF
This pose seemed appropriate considering the crowd and the location

sr8.jpg
This is our Red, Whites and Blue Avalanches pose
This is George and family from Dallas, Texas in the front

sr7.jpg
Cruising along Lost Lodge Road
So much for those early morning car washes today

sr9.jpg
The view driving into Alamogordo

You will have to wait until my Birthday Cruise to see the new AV's in a photo record ?;)

goo929 said:

This is what happens when Blueruck shows up to your cruise ?;D

I wil neither admit nor deny thinking up the idea to try the 4x4 function of our AV's >:D

While my trip was cut short due to not feeling good and having another commitment, I will have to say I have NEVER met a better group of people and I look forward to the next time I get to meet with the group.

Hilda and I commented all weekend how nice everyone was and wish we could have done the road trip different so I had been feeling better.

Blueruck said:
I wil neither admit nor deny thinking up the idea to try the 4x4 function of our AV's ?>:D

I am curious to know how you would have posed your AV if you weren't ... held back ?;)

goo929 said:
I am curious to know how you would have posed your AV if you weren't ... helded back ?;)

If the GF factor hadn't been in place I would of had the 4x4's lined up on top of the hill will the Z66's parked down in front of them. This would of made a nice tight shot - instead of ummmm a wide angle shot :)

I think we could have done it, if we had approached the hill from the other side - a lot less loose rock to deal with.

Wish I had been in better mental shape for some 4x4 action - though the same limiting factor could of dampened that too :(

Hilda and I wanted to take a moment thank everyone at the Southern Rendezvous for a great time.

We have never met a nicer group of people and to think all of the wonderful people were brought together by a vehicle :)

We would like to thank everyone for a great time. Cloudcroft is very nice and the people are very friendly. We will be going back there during a late fall/winter stay. The Rough_Riders brought us to a ski resort/mountain that had an outstanding view (trying not to use awesome). I am sure there will be more pics posted as people get to it, great pics so far. Thanks again to everyone who made it such a nice experience!!

KillerMWD and Family

Great meeting everyone. Sorry I was late for the pictures. My wife could not understand why I was up at 6:30 am washing my Av and driving up to CC from Ruidoso to meet a bunch of people we did not know. After we meet everyone she understood and said we need to do it again :B:

Blueruck,
How was Juarez, Mx ?? I spent my nights on the border drinking at the bar strip. Nothing like $3 buckets of Dos XX beer. Did your GF gets some good home cooking Mex. food. That is one of the things I miss most. I was born in Juarez, Mx and raised in El Paso.

Bowtie Chevy,
Sorry you couldn't stay at White Sands. Once the storm got closer and my sister showed up with food and snow saucers we had a blast. Next time we are in El Paso we will look you up.

Here are some of my photos ...

sr33.jpg
Arriving in New Mexico

sr16.jpg
More from the group photo

sr17.jpg
KillerMWD's Red 2500 had to be King of the Hill ;)

sr19.jpg
Following DBurks

sr31.jpg
WS6Y2K knew I was taking a photo

sr23.jpg
At the tunnel vista

sr20.jpg
KillerMWD and son

... more to follow

White Sands photos ...

sr1.jpg
Arizona_Sunsets at White Sand Visitor's Center

sr14.jpg
Into the Dunes trail

sr13.jpg
Goo929 in the White Sands

sr28.jpg
Arizona_Sunsets enjoying the sun

sr10.jpg
Ready to slide

sr8.jpg
Giving mother Razztaz a little push

sr9.jpg
And away she goes

sr29.jpg
The kids will show how it is done

sr12.jpg
Zoom!

sr11.jpg
Splat!

sr30.jpg
Arizona_Sunsets ... I can do it! ;D

... more to follow

Howdy,

To all u AV FANS!!! I tell u what we had an outstanding time at CLOUDCROFT, NM. It was a very nice place to be and get away from the city life. Im glad we went. The wife and I enjoyed everyones company and glad to have met them. It was our pleasure. Cant ask for a better bunch of AV members. ;D :D ;) (y) Cant wait to see all again somtime soon. Sad to see some had to leave due to other comitments and situations. Maybe, a longer time next time Bowtie racing, and blueruck.
Sorry for not getting a chance to chat with u Bowtie Racing, I know u wanted to discuss some things with me. :6: Well maybe next time.

GREAT PICS KEEP SENDING THEM THRU I KNOW THERES ALOT OF THEM!!! ;D :D ;D >:D (y) :B:

I, too, would like to say thanks to Goo and the rest of the bunch for a unique experience in Cloudcroft. ?I am sorry the road to the field for the photo op was dirt, but in the mountains, what do you expect? ?Anyway, thanks for letting me be a part of something I truly will remember for a long time and hope to meet everyone again real soon. ?David Burks, El Paso

goo929 said:
Some more from today ...

sr6.jpg
Blueruck is the 2nd AV from the right standing next to his GF
This pose seemed appropriate considering the crowd and the location

sr8.jpg
This is our Red, Whites and Blue Avalanches pose
This is George and family from Dallas, Texas in the front

sr7.jpg
Cruising along Lost Lodge Road
So much for those early morning car washes today

sr9.jpg
The view driving into Alamogordo

You will have to wait until my Birthday Cruise to see the new AV's in a photo record ?;)

Hernz Av said:
Blueruck,
How was Juarez, Mx ?? I spent my nights on the border drinking at the bar strip. Nothing like $3 buckets of Dos XX beer. Did your GF gets some good home cooking Mex. food. That is one of the things I miss most. I was born in Juarez, Mx and raised in El Paso.

WS - We stayed in El Paso and didn't try to cross the border - saved a lot of time :) ?We did have a nice family party (30-40 people). ?It was a very good trip and very enjoyable. ?It was tough to balance our time between family and the AV family. ?It was a GREAT visit with the family. ?I am looking forward to the next trip with the AV family ?:B:

I just saw the White Sand phot's looks like you guys had a blast - did anyone air down and take their AV out to play :)

Edit
I forgot to add that it rained in El Paso Sat night and one of the streets we had to turn onto didn't drain very good and there was about 10-12" of water sitting in the street and down the road. Well, once Blue had some sleep he was spunky and had to make many trips to the store, just so he could run through that water fast and send water every where - I felt like a kid who just found his very own mud puddle >:D

dburkstxcsr said:
I, too, would like to say thanks to Goo and the rest of the bunch for a unique experience in Cloudcroft. ?I am sorry the road to the field for the photo op was dirt, but in the mountains, what do you expect? ?Anyway, thanks for letting me be a part of something I truly will remember for a long time and hope to meet everyone again real soon. ?David Burks, El Paso

Thanks for your help in securing the group photo location. I guess the word got out around town about the shoot we did. We ran into some locals in Alamogordo who knew about it ;D

I hope the private CAFCNA website lesson helped you some ;)

Blueruck said:
I just saw the White Sand phot's looks like you guys had a blast - did anyone air down and take their AV out to play :)

Off-Roading wasn't allowed in the White Sands Dunes we visited.

Arizona_Sunsets took his 3 week old Z71 off-road in the mountains.

He will have some stories to tell about it ;D

Looks like the white Sand Hill was a lot of fun.

Sunspot Observatory ...

sr2.jpg
Cruising through the mountains

sr3.jpg
Some of the wet stuff

sr4.jpg
Hey! What's this white stuff ???

sr5.jpg
Mrs. KillerMWD taping the view

sr6.jpg
White Sands visible in the distance

sr15.jpg
KillerMWD and Razztaz learning about our Solar System

Thanks to Blueruck for telling us flat landers how to drive in the mountains :rolleyes:

... more to follow

Yes Thanks to AZ_Sunsets for telling me how to drive down the mountains. :B: I thought someone was driving with thier hand bake down the mountain. Little did I know I was smoking my brakes for not down shifting.

Yea, got to say we had alot of fun. (AVZ66) Wish u could of gone. Well, we prob see u at next meet.

I gotta thank KillerMWD for leting me use his really cool FRS Radio. I gotta buy one. :mad:Need one, no if's, and's, or but's!! gotta have one :mad: :7: :mad: >:D >:D >:D Also, have to say thanks; for not using the word AWESOME.

Thanks to MS AV for letting us share her room with us.

We cant wait til the next meet!!!1 >:D ;D :D ;) (y) >:D >:D :B:

goo929 said:

This is what happens when Blueruck shows up to your cruise ?;D
Blueruck said:
I wil neither admit nor deny thinking up the idea to try the 4x4 function of our AV's >:D

Oh, now I get it.. ?I didn't realize there was a bit of a "hill" there. ?With rocks. ?It's so well staged, it looks like one of those Hollywood-esque Chevy sets with fake rocks and the set is actually tilted so the trucks aren't really at an angle. ?Now I see the "maneuvering" that may have been warranted to get all "arranged".

Good work, blueruck, and sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. ?That bites. ?Luckily, the club lives on and there will be more meets!

Brendan

Razz- To finish our talk on the way back from CC, it was a Johnson 9.9, manual choke, john boat "When daddy let me drive......"

Heard the song this morning and it reminded me..

If the DPS trooper who flashed Razz, MissAV and I is reading this I want to thank you for not wanting our autograph!!!

Back