• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

looking for upgrades cam headers supercharger help???

AtabeyK

hey guys i drive a 2005 AV 5.3 and i'm looking to beef up the engine and am wondering if people can point me in the right direction.
i already have a flowmaster american thunder dual exaust, and a K&N cold air intake. i'm looking to put in headers, a camshaft, and a supercharger but i'm having trouble picking which ones to get.
i also just got a computer chip that i will be installing shortly.
cam shaft i'm having NO luck finding one for my truck.
the headers there are alot out there, but i don't know which is good or not. any reccomendations??
and supercharger, i'm looking at either vortec or magnuson.
I do alot of daily driving. around 35,000 a year. i do alot of towing as well for work. but thats about it.

Well I bought the radix for towing.  Can't say I am too impressed so far.  It is nicer but not 5k nicer.  I get it custom tuned next month so I expect a big improvement.  I would not get a chip until you get your mods done as the chip may then be useless unless it is an hptuners and you do your own.  I would find a good tuner in your area and go speak with them.  Buy the mods, install yourself and then have him tune it. 

okay sounds good. i don't think i'll install the chip, it has been giving me soo many problems. i can't get it to work but oh well.
does anyone know of any good tuners in the north new jersey area????

Maybe this will help.  http://www.smokemup.com/utils/dynosearch.php

Didn't me I found mine on vette forums.  Now if I could just have the vette.  :needhug:

Back