• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Anyone on this site from COLORADO

NickDago

I have been seeing blogs from all around the states but none from Avy owners in Colorado. Any Colorado Avalanche owners on this site?

NickDago said:
I have been seeing blogs from all around the states but none from Avy owners in Colorado. Any Colorado Avalanche owners on this site?

Hey Nick!  Be sure to check out this thread and if you send me your info I can include you on stuff we are doing locally.

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,80804.0.html

Here is our next GTG

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,102343.0.html

Hope you can join us!

There are several in Colorado Nick, where are you located? Hope to maybe see ya at the next GTG, it looks like several will be there.  (y)

Chadstr

I have a black 07 LTZ w/22" wheels and some other goodies. Looking to add a cat back exhaust and CAI as well. Ordered some Avy windows but still waiting for them.

You will find all sorts of cool tips on this site.
I just got a Cat Back on my truck at AA Performance on Broadway in Englewood. The guys name is Scott and his # is 303 806 8634. I think they did an awesome job

Grillo88

I was looking at either the Corsa or the Magnaflow. I would like to maybe get together and take a listen to yours and see if I like it. Also, did you see any increase in performance with the change.

Ive got the Magnaflow. I like the sound. I ended up with just the single exhaust because I didnt want to sacrifice any horsepower, while towing my boat. I can def feel a difference. I also put in the Air-Raid CAI, I can tell that helps too. Next time I think i will spring a little more and get the K & N though.

I can not imagine having dual exhaust would hurt horse power. I was thinking of getting the GM CAI, I have heard good things about it.

Hey Nick, what Grill said isnt off base, these 5.3L like to have a little back pressure. Before I put mine on, I had 90% of my exhaust off, and believe it or not (aside from being loud as heck) off the line suffered a bit, however my top end felt better. So, from a light, when towing, too open or too big of exhaust system could hurt ya a bit. I tow alot, and have dual in, dual out Magnaflow knockoff exhaust, but the pipes are not the largest you can get. I put on some bigger tips (looks tougher) but that doesnt increase my flow. So I really feel the increase of power, however it sorta depends on where you want you backpressure/torque curve to improve.

Chadstr

I was going to talk to the people Grill referred and see what they say, maybe something to consider before I go ahead with the installation

I'm a little late to this converstaion, but I got the magnaflow (single) also.  If I went forced induction, then the dual made sence.  I also did not feel a large difference, you really need to combine this mod with the CAI, headers, software to make it really noticeable....

My 06 pulls much better than the 08s I have been test driving with these mods...

Have not gotten to the exhaust and intake mods yet. ordered some stuff from OEM Dash though, new steering wheel with leather and wood grain, plus some other pieces to finish of the interior. They have examples of these at the site OEMDash.com and it looks great. Also ordered some chrome pieces for the exterior door mouldings. Probably will hold off on the horsepower mods until I get a better idea of what is going to give me the most bang for my buck. I would love to have a little more low end torque off the line.

Got all my chrome door pieces on as well as the interior wood pieces including the steering wheel, looks great. I may add some additional interior pieces now that I have seen what they can do for the upscale look of the AVY. The guys at OEM dash do a great job

Back