• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Need help :/

savi01

Hello everyone,

I am new to this website, and so far I have to say its awesome, really informative. I do have a quite a silly question and before an Admin jumps on me to search the forums for my answer, I just want you to know I've spent most of my time today on the site browsing.. I just couldn't find my answer, sorry :(

Anyways my names Savi, I'm 16 and live in California. I drive a 2002 Avalanche (obviously, thats why I'm on the site :p), and it doesn't have any modifications. I have been looking into getting a CAI and a exhaust kit, just not sure which one to get yet, but I will do some more reading.

Ok, now to the question, I don't know much about cars or trucks, I'm more of a airplane guy :), but, I have always liked the "whistle" sound that you can find in for example the Ford F250. I think that sounds from the turbo but I'm not sure. Anyways, is it possible to get a sound like that or a sound similar to that in an Avalanche? If so, what component would help me get that sound, and any recommendations?

Thank you for reading my somewhat long first post and many thanks for those of you that can help me :)

Savi

It's a turbo or a supercharger they both whistle. When the waste gate opens they both whistle

Back