• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

5/17/03: Longhorn Cavern & Inks Lake Joint Cruise

wonder91178

SM 2003
(I won't be able to attend, I have a sister getting married, but I'm going to try and help out where I can.)

Let's try and get a good group of AVers together to make this one!

The attached flyer is for a May 17th event for a joint run to Longhorn Cavern & Inks Lake set up between the Kim Waters of the Avalanche Club in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, Joyce Cruise of the Texas Corvette Association in San Antonio and Robert 'NuRelic' Nowlin of Z Sport. The logistics of getting this event in place have prevented this invitation from coming out sooner but things are beginning to fall into place and its past time to send this invitation out. A Longhorn Cavern & Inks Lake cruise will take us into the heart of the Texas Hill country, literally. We have secured special prices and rates along with a special treat, for those interested, that will allow for guest to explore areas in the cavern not typically open to the public. Then, for anyone interested in staying later or camping out for the night, nearby at the Ink's Lake camp ground there will be an outdoor concert that night that will featuring Bluegrass & Irish Folk music.

If we can get Austin, Dallas, Ft Worth and Houston clubs started now on putting a route together from that city to Longhorn Caverns then everything else is already in place. We don't have to all meet at the same time but I do think it would be a great idea if we made sure to take pictures of everyone that makes it before anyone heads back.

Contacts:

To begin the process of coordinating this event here are the names of Z officers and their corresponding Z Clubs around Texas:

Austin (Capitol Z):

President: Rodel Bautista - rbautista@activepower.com
Vice President Events: Jessie Corona - jcrown@austin.rr.com

Dallas:

President: Mike 'China Clipper' Quan - MnkQuan@worldnet.att.net
Vice-President: Stephen Harrison - zweebach@yahoo.com

Ft. Worth (Cow Town):

President: Mike Brunner - mtbrunner14@hotmail.com
Activities Chair: Gary Godley - fnccapt@yahoo.com

Houston:

President: David Canard - Duckname@houston.rr.com
Activities/Events: David Morreale - Zcardave@aol.com

To Z Club Officers:

You might want to consider using the below contacts in order to get with the Avalanche & Corvette Club in your area to coordinate a caravan to the event if your club is interested in joining us.

San Antonio based Texas Corvette Association - Event Coordinator: Joyce Cruise - jcruz12@satx.rr.com

Dallas/Ft. Worth based TexasAvalanche.com Administrator - Kim Waters - wonder1@hotmail.com

Houston Avalanche Coordinator: Richard Spaulding - texavfan@chevyavalanchefanclub.com

Longhorn_Cavern_Flyer.jpg

Attachments

• Longhorn_Cavern_Flyer.jpg
    Longhorn_Cavern_Flyer.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 0
:eek:
Last time we met with the group of Zzzz's and Vet's, at least in my perspective, we were very much alienated except for the couple that was forced to sit with us during dinner. They were nice. All we did there was sit with other clubs, ate our dinner, and left. No real introductions or involvement. kinda "Slam bam thank you mam". Not to say I will not try again. Always open to cruises.

Back