• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Need Part Number Help & Part Recommendations

teksavy

SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
Hi:

I had a couple of questions I'm hoping the family here can help with:

1)I need the part number for a touch up paint applicator for Dark Gray Metallic. The local dealer was badmouthing the factory stuff and I don't believe him. So I'd like to order online and avoid the hassle.

2)Part number for an electrical repair wire to replace a burnt connector in the fuse box in the engine compartment. This will accept a mini-fuse. I know VW has repair wires, don't know if GM does as well, but a connector by itself is fine. My AC compressor is intermittent because of a poor connection in the fuse box.

3)Fire extinguisher recommendations that will fit in the lid of the saddlebags. I did a search and the ones I saw weren't made anymore or they were chrome which I don't want.

4)Good source other than dealer for various body hardware clips? I have a bunch of ones that are broken and the local dealer wants like $5/ea for them. Aggh!

Thanks!

-Ed

teksavy said:
Hi:

I had a couple of questions I'm hoping the family here can help with:

1)I need the part number for a touch up paint applicator for Dark Gray Metallic. The local dealer was badmouthing the factory stuff and I don't believe him. So I'd like to order online and avoid the hassle.

2)Part number for an electrical repair wire to replace a burnt connector in the fuse box in the engine compartment. This will accept a mini-fuse. I know VW has repair wires, don't know if GM does as well, but a connector by itself is fine. My AC compressor is intermittent because of a poor connection in the fuse box.

3)Fire extinguisher recommendations that will fit in the lid of the saddlebags. I did a search and the ones I saw weren't made anymore or they were chrome which I don't want.

4)Good source other than dealer for various body hardware clips? I have a bunch of ones that are broken and the local dealer wants like $5/ea for them. Aggh!

Thanks!

-Ed

#4 - Ebay
#2 - don't believe GM offers anything outside of a harness

Thanks for the reply DougD. No one else has any info? Not even for the fire extinguisher? Com'mon people...  :D

Check appropriate sections for threads with info about your questions.

I have the touch up paint your after.. my dealer sent me a bottle as a thank you present... :p

But the bottle and I are 100 miles apart right now...  but Friday I can get the part number off it..... :wave:

I got my FireEx at Lowes... I'll check the model when I head out shortly.

I found my touch up paint..... :eek:      :rolleyes:

1 #12346643 CODE 62  WA 805K

DK SPIRAL GRAY MET.

I have an 03 as well, so it must be the same dark gray metalic        :wave:

Back