• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Performance Mod and Gas Mods!?!?!?!?!?!

OK, Let me take time to say this is my first truck ever and I am a college student.
Now I own a 2005 Chevy Avalanche with the Z66 Package and the FFV 5.3L V-8.(Wish I had Z71)
I love it to no end how ever I am new to looking for mods.
I have only owned European cars. Anyways I looking to modify this truck to be a little bit faster off the line and alittle
bit easier on me at the pump.
DO yall have any ideas.
I would like to keep any mod. under $500.

Also any info about the Avalanche I should know would be great!@

One should read around the site to find these answers, theyv'e been posted countless times.

I'v been lurking around for awhile and finding good info is hard.
There are tons of posts but none are deffinitive and contain all mods.
I heard of different chips but cant find a post that explains them.
bump bump

Try this thread...

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,100731.0.html

Probably the only thing you can do to get noticable performance increases for under $500 would be a programmer (sometimes called a "tune").  I was in your position 18 months ago.  Trust me, once you learn how to search around this site, there is more information than you can process.  You can click on the "search" tab...just to the left of "new" and when it comes up, type a few words describing what you are looking for.

Prepare to go broke, be it college or mod'ing your Av.   :welcome: to the club.

for better mpg, put this under your gas pedal.....

brick.jpg

(thats really a stupid thing to try and was posted as a joke.  Please don't do it)

Back