Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
04/23/14 02:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2002 5.3 avalanche performance upgrades  (Read 6748 times)
chevypro101

Awards
« on: 08/05/08 10:45 AM »

I bought a 2002 z71 avalanche with the 5.3.. I installed a k&N cold air kit, and cat back exhaust.. I had a hypertech programmer but it did nothing.. is there any performance upgrades that can be done cheaply  that is worth it.. besides turbo, nitrous, supercharger Huh I know some vehicles have factory parts that are very restrictive is there any in this case?? intake?? headers and so on?? thanks Help me!
MooseAlanche
CAFCNA 2008 Supporting Member

The Moose Is On The Loose

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 08/05/08 02:43 PM »

Welcome! to the club chevypro101
You could try a Nelson or HP tune. People here seem to be very satisfied with the results. Someone with more info on these will chime in soon I am sure  Thumbs up!
Which HyperTech tuner did you have? And which tune did you load?

Pete
05 Black Avalanche 5.3L, Z71, Cladded, Chrome Brush Bar, Speed Grille, SS Nerf Bars, Fire & Ice Tailgate LED, Lund Bug Shield, Putco Tailgate Handle Cover, K&N #77 Cold Air Intake, PowerAid TBS, MagnaFlow SS CatBack. Since Joining CAFC: Amber FTDRL, LED Sail Panel Lights, Amber LED Grille Lights, Door Pocket LED's, Mag Lite, 3rd Brake & Tailgate Decals, Cargo Light, Billet Gas Door, Tailgate Cup Holders, Backup Cam, I Pod2car, WoLo Horn, PlasmaGlow Xeon Bulbs, Window Tint, Tailgate E-Z Up, HyperTech
chevypro101

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 08/05/08 04:45 PM »

I bought I guess it was one of the first hypertechs made.. The only good part was the speed limiter.. 87 or 93 no diffrence between performance checked with g tech at same spot and same weather conditions.. I know the 2002 there aren't to many programmers as the 2003 up.. Truck runs better then I thought for only a 5.3 in a 4 wheel drive sled.. I read some where about replacing intake manifold to a corvette one but I can find that right  up any more.. I just don't want to try random performance mods in hope for a feelable diffrence and it not be there.. So pretty much any help is welcome.. Thanks
02Z71_Tonka

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 04/14/10 07:12 PM »

Long tube headers w/ Y pipe
Trailblazer torque converter
cam, springs, and push rods

Brandon
'02 Forrest Green Metallic Z71 Avy
Nitto Dune Grapplers 285/70/17
3" Suspension Maxx lift
GMPP CAI
Hypertech 93oct tune
bppro1

"PUT OUT OR GET OUT"!

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 01/01/11 07:30 AM »

Guys do you get much out of putting headers and full exaust on? I know I picked up 30RWHP on my TA but kinda a different critter :>

02 AV summit white, K&N cold air, magna flows,20" MOTO's
avalonandl

Pulling 11,000 lbs and Lovin' it

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 01/21/11 10:55 AM »

The hypertech shuld have done something. Have you checked your plugs and compression?

The other tuners are a little more agressive.

2004- Sport Red 2500, w/ 4.10 axle and stump pulling torque! Flowmaster BB50 w/ oval tips out each side. Xenon lights, Firestone Airbags, amber DRL's. Hypertech tuned for regular fuel. 180  T-stat.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: