• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2003 XMRadio - Not working

davidthornton

I have just purchased a 2003 Avalanche and I'm trying to get my Bose XMradio working.  I have gone through the updates, down loads and phone calls with XM.  I still dont have music.  Is there something I need to do to get this thing working?  :help:

You getting any sound at all from the XM band

davidthornton said:
Plenty of sound, i can hear the preview channel and 2 other ones.   
Have you activated your radio number with XM?  Also, if it's already registered I think you can have XM send another activation signal.

I guessing he did because they said they called  XM.

When I had my XM turned on they wanted me to leave the radio on for 15 minutes before it would start working. I did not see this as one of your steps in the original post so I just had to put in my $0.02.

I could not activate mine online, it did not like to id code of the radio it was CPT something

I have talke to XM Radio folks they just want to keep sending me a new down load.  I've had about 6 of them with no succes.  They have radio id and I get about 3 channels.  Is there something to set side on the radio?

avyz66 said:
When I had my XM turned on they wanted me to leave the radio on for 15 minutes before it would start working. I did not see this as one of your steps in the original post so I just had to put in my $0.02.

When mine was originally downloaded, I was told 45 minutes to an hour.  Luckily, I did mine coming back from a long trip, so I did not waste battery life or gas.

I would tell XM to work with the Dealer, next time you take it in .02

Are all letters on the display reading correctly? Maybe Your giving them a wrong code... like a B might show up as 3.....6 might show up as 5...if some dots are gone.... ???

Don't think so there is something with the 03's.

Was just saying in a nice way check your code again...you may have transposed a number.... :wave:

Back