• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

FuelMaxx - Good or Garbage?

Anyone Tried FuelMaxx Module Yet?

• Yes, works great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, it sucked

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, not yet

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No, but thought about it

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No, and I'm not gonna

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters

bgruhn76

SM 2009
Anyone tried one of these yet?
If so, in 07+ ??
If so, what were your results/opinions?

Their feedback ratings are good...but still weary.

Thanks.

FUELMAXX

I believe it modifies the Intake Air Temperature reading which tricks the computer into altering the fuel mixture and timing. In theory, it should do something-in reality? Probably not near what they claim, if anything at all.
Since it's relatively inexpensive and offers a money back 30 day guarantee, why not give it a try and let us know the results?

Trey said:
Google this:  "Fuel MAX Settles Federal Charges"

That says it all for me.  :rolleyes:
Here's a copy of the FTC ruling, I believe it's referring to the FuelMax (one X) thing that "magnetizes" your gas. ?

May 10, 2005
Operators who sent illegal spam and made deceptive claims for a bogus fuel-saving product have settled Federal Trade Commission charges that their e-mail and Web sites violated federal laws.
The settlements bar violations of the FTC Act and the CAN-SPAM Act, and bar the defendants from making or assisting others to make deceptive product claims.
In October 2004, the FTC filed a suit in U.S. District Court alleging that marketers, and the resellers working with them, were making deceptive claims for Fuel MAX and Super FuelMax products. The Web site operators and their affiliates - spammers who drove traffic to their site - made claims such as:
? Increase gas mileage 27%+ by helping fuel burn better;
? Reduce emissions by 43%;
? Smoother engine;
? Pays for itself FAST!!!!
? Gives an extra 10% more horsepower;
? Based on the size of your gas tank you will save from $8 for a typical 15-gallon gas tank, but larger V8 SUVs and trucks will save up to $20 per tank.
The FTC alleged that the magnetic "fuel saver" does not save fuel, does not increase gas mileage, and does not reduce emissions. The agency claimed that the false claims violate the FTC Act. The agency also alleges that by providing promotional materials with false claims to affiliates, the defendants provided them with the means to violate the FTC Act.
The FTC charged that by inserting the names of innocent third parties in the "from" or "reply to" fields - "spoofing" - and failing to provide a valid physical postal address, the marketers were violating the CAN-SPAM Act.
Settlements with Mark C. Ayoub, his companies, Diverse Marketing Group, Inc., and Diverse Marketing Group LLC; and Floyd and Marcia Tassin and their company, Net Marketing Croup LLC, bar them from making misrepresentations in connection with the sale of fuel-saving devices or any product or service sold over the Internet. In addition, they prohibit them from providing others with the means and instrumentalities to commit deception.

I've seen other garbage chips on eBay that turn out to be nothing but a 15 cent resistor inside a box.  You run it across a couple of terminals connected to the intake air temp sensor, and it forces the reading to be at one extreme or the other all the time.  Probably forced it to lean out or richen the mixture all the time.  Maybe it's the same thing.

When you see "saves 6MPG" at the top of the page, and "Saves up to 4mpg" at the bottom of the page, it sets off some alarms right there.  Well, is it 6mpg, or 4 mpg?  Snake oil.  I wouldn't allow anything to plug into my many thousand dollar truck that isn't proven such as a hand held tuner or a professional tune.

That's why I love this place!!!!!
Thanks all.
I'm getting Volant intake from my buddy who just traded in his 07 Yukon.
Then maybe I will save up for exhaust and a programmer.
Thanks again!!

Back