• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Region V Wild West 2008- official picture thread

heine12oz

SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
please post all pictures of the event here.  If you can label pictures or put in captions so other folks know who's who and what they missed.

Please also paste in links of other pages that have pictures of the event. 

thanks to all that attended and made for a awesome time. 

(y) (y) to our event planner chAVey (y) (y)

I just hand picked and resized the pictures that were 'decent'  :laugh:  I'll cross link them tomorrow when I'm not seeing double vision.  For now you can see them - here    (y)

getting there and arriving

Attachments

• chris leading tom following.JPG
    chris leading tom following.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 244
  • first rest stop on way down to kfalls.JPG
    first rest stop on way down to kfalls.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 239
  • Mt McGloughlin upper klamath lake1.JPG
    Mt McGloughlin upper klamath lake1.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 229
  • Mt McGloughlin upper klamath lake2.JPG
    Mt McGloughlin upper klamath lake2.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 225
  • Thursday night dinner2.JPG
    Thursday night dinner2.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 227
man we all looked awesome ! I just love the attention we got when that line of awesome AVs rolled by. Interesting how we upstaged Crater Lake  :laugh:

We arrived in the motel parking lot at 5 AM and after a quick change of clothes and clean up in the Pearl  :laugh: we were greated by Cliff and we went to wash the trucks.
Here we are heading out to Fridays planned run to Lava Beds Ntl. Monument.

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

hoisting the colors on the Black Pearl
018-1.jpg

AWESUM VID Aussie!

For those of you NOT there - let's put it this way - 75 degrees, ABSOLUTELY PERFECTLY CLEAR BLUE SKIES. 4 feet of snow!  You could not ask for a better day.

And Yes, I did see The Black Pearl in SNOW!  (I'm going to have to look to see if I've got proof, but I do have witnesses!)

Give me a while to resize/upload all mine.

chAVey said:
AWESUM VID Aussie!

For those of you NOT there - let's put it this way - 75 degrees, ABSOLUTELY PERFECTLY CLEAR BLUE SKIES. 4 feet of snow!  You could not ask for a better day.

And Yes, I did see The Black Pearl in SNOW!  (I'm going to have to look to see if I've got proof, but I do have witnesses!)

Give me a while to resize/upload all mine.

Grrrrrrrrrr and you almost saw Aussie tossed out of the AV on her butt in the snow when you and Skip decided to do donuts in the snow !!! :laugh: :laugh:

here we go

These are the trucks all lined up before we had dinner on Friday night.

friday%20night%20line%20up.JPG

friday%20night%20line%20up%202.JPG

(left to right) Doberman, gargoyle, heine12oz, JoeSpicoli, NV bigdogs, hybrid Av
friday%20night%20line%20up%203.JPG

(left to right) chAVey, RoarinRow, Wildfire, I Chnge, Aussie Red, AyyTrainn, Z66 Modder
friday%20night%20line%20up%204.JPG

friday%20night%20line%20up%205.JPG

my wife and I didn't go on the lava cave cruise, as I wanted to go and do some fishing.  Missed the timing on the fish, but wanted to show some cool pictures that others didn't get to see.  Beautiful country this neck of the woods is. 

https://5m04cq.bay.livefilestore.com/y1poglnfRzZ_zmGVePIpcgjwyDkXad5mqSYYERsVhth4V3rHDn5X4moiLD4e2zwYa3Sd7Fa-jf1JlsSiqSeYk8SMg/williamson%20river%20sign.JPG][/url]
[url]https://5m04cq.bay.livefilestore.com/y1poglnfRzZ_zmGVePIpcgjwyDkXad5mqSYYERsVhth4V3rHDn5X4moiLD4e2zwYa3Sd7Fa-jf1JlsSiqSeYk8SMg/williamson%20river%20sign.JPG

chillin in the av
puppies%20chillin%20backseat.JPG

spring creek
spring%20creek%202.JPG

spring%20creek%203.JPG

spring%20creek%204.JPG

man made falls at spring creek
spring%20creek%20falls.JPG

you could see 20ft to the bottom of this pool.  It was amazing.  We are standing on a little bicycle.
/walking bridge
spring%20creek.JPG

pictures from Satuday cruise up to Crater Lake.  This was my first long distance, double digit Av, lead cruise.  It was awesome.  Thanks to I CHNGE for doing an awesome job at the tail.  We made a great pair.  Can't wait to do it again with you Cliff.

85 degree day, not a cloud in the sky.  14 truck carAVan, all the way up to 7900 feet.  Strobes blinkin, flags flyin, trainn hornns blowin!!  It was damn cool being in the front. (y)

on with it....

1st stop after driving 68 miles from Klamath Falls.  This was a cliff with a river down below.  It had to be 200ft down, couldn't even see the river.  Super cool view
1st%20stop%20on%20crater%20cruise.JPG

this is looking straight down the canyon.  1st step is a doozie
1st%20stop%20looking%20down%20the%20canyon.JPG

heading up the hill. "14 in a row".  My wife is hanging out the sunroof for these next few
crater%20lake%20cruise%20sunroof.JPG

crater%20lake%20cruise%20sunroof%205.JPG

crater%20lake%20cruise%20sunroof%202.JPG

Gargoyle's flags.  looked great behind me.  Strobes blinking as well
gargoyle%20flags.JPG

AyyTrainn said:
I Can C Pictures.  ???

(He just fixed them seconds ago.  Everyone should now be able to see them.)

I really like this one

puppies%20chillin%20backseat.JPG

These next pictures are at the top of the lake, all around.  We stopped at the lodge for lunch.  Pissed off some RVers cause we took all the RV spots.  Dobule stacked and still couldn't fit them all.

line%20up%20at%20lodge.JPG

line%20up%20at%20lodge%202.JPG

line%20up%20at%20lodge%203.JPG

picture of the lake across from the truck line up
crater%20lake.JPG

crater%20lake%202.JPG

Mrs. Row and Wildfire in the bottom corner
crater%20lake%203.JPG

These are on the drive up to the highest peak.  We couldn't complete the drive around the rim, due to the road being closed on the East side.  Still had snow covering the road.  We missed our turn, but made up for it with some awesome turn around pics that will be posted later by someone else. 

Quote of the GTG
I CHNGE- its not an official cruise until you get lost or have to turn around

crater%20lake%20cruise%20sunroof%203.JPG

crater%20lake%20cruise%20sunroof%204.JPG

this was a cool spot and lots of good pics will come of this.  People where on top of the hill you see taking pictures down.  This is also where my camera died
crater%20lake%20line%20up.JPG

my last picture of Wild West 2008, camera died
crater%20lake%20cruise.JPG

Well, where your camera died is about the same place my wife decided to take out her's and start taking pics.

Go to the Photobucket Album here.

Okay, here's a peek:

Attachments

• Wild West 2008 023 Small.jpg
    Wild West 2008 023 Small.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 137
Back