Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
11/28/14 06:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tail of the Dragon  (Read 4771 times)
liteft01
CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member

Awards
« on: 06/21/08 10:50 AM »

Is there anyone planning on driving this road besides me?  I know there was some talk about it in the original attending list, but never saw anything after that.  We have put it in the return trip from the train ride on Friday.  But am possibly willing to move it to anytime others plan on going.    http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

2006 Z66 Sport Red Metallic LT  Options:Sun and Sound Package, leather heated seats, adjustable pedals, memory seats, Bose sound system, 6-CD, Chrome assist steps (every option except Navigation and premium mirrors Sad )  Mods:Running boards, in-channel vent visors, Chevy bow-tie mud flaps, mirror bras, premium mirrors Smiley

2002 Z66 Indigo Blue  Options: Sun roof, Running boards, Roof rack.  Mods: vent visors, Chevy bow-tie mud flaps  Totaled 3/6/06
Z66 BUTCH
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

I love Dachshunds

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 06/21/08 10:56 AM »

Is there anyone planning on driving this road besides me?  I know there was some talk about it in the original attending list, but never saw anything after that.  We have put it in the return trip from the train ride on Friday.  But am possibly willing to move it to anytime others plan on going.    http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

How far is this from Pigeon Forge and how long of a drive do you plan on taking? Have a day picked out? We will probably do more driving than walking because jomomma is still not fully recovered........

Butch

liteft01
CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 06/21/08 11:09 AM »

This is a link to a map we found online.   http://www.tailofthedragon.com/maps_directions_gatlinburg.html    I just hope it's accurate!  Plans are to take the train trip in Bryson City, then take the tail of the dragon back towards Pigeon Forge......(the long way around)  Don't think there will be much walking on the train trip, and just plan on driving the Tail.  If we stop, it would be for pics on the Tail. 

Just checked with mapquest.....1 hr 30 min pigeon forge to bryson city, 42 min bryson city to the Tail, 1 hr 47 min from tail to Grand Resort in Tn.  Plus the 4 1/2 train ride!  That's just about an 8 hour day............
« Last Edit: 06/21/08 11:22 AM by liteft01 » Logged

2006 Z66 Sport Red Metallic LT  Options:Sun and Sound Package, leather heated seats, adjustable pedals, memory seats, Bose sound system, 6-CD, Chrome assist steps (every option except Navigation and premium mirrors Sad )  Mods:Running boards, in-channel vent visors, Chevy bow-tie mud flaps, mirror bras, premium mirrors Smiley

2002 Z66 Indigo Blue  Options: Sun roof, Running boards, Roof rack.  Mods: vent visors, Chevy bow-tie mud flaps  Totaled 3/6/06
BigC Mich
CAFCNA Regional Coordinator

MID-MICHIGAN

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 06/21/08 11:48 AM »

As someone that rides the Tail of the Dragon every year on a motorcycle I ask that anyone planning on riding the Dragon, please please be very carefull not to cross the double yellow!!!!  There are hundreds of bikes on the Dragon every day and I have seen many bikes get taken out from cars and trucks that cross the double yellow because they can not make the curves!!! 

I am kind of planning on bringing my bike with me to Nationals but I have not made up my mind fully yet.

Z66 BUTCH

I love Dachshunds

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 06/21/08 01:55 PM »

Just checked with mapquest.....1 hr 30 min pigeon forge to bryson city, 42 min bryson city to the Tail, 1 hr 47 min from tail to Grand Resort in Tn.  Plus the 4 1/2 train ride!  That's just about an 8 hour day............

That might be a bit much both in gas and energy for jomomma in one day, I don't want to burn her out to quick!

Vaeagleav
CAFCNA 2014 Premium Member

The Avalanche just keeps getting better!

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 06/26/08 07:03 AM »

Avalanche On the Dragon!
This was just posted on the highlights section of www.killboy.com ,is it anyone we know?

2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
2004 Z71 Silver Birch before that.
Tartan Terror
CAFCNA 2009 Supporting Member

I am fearing ChevyLuv02!!!!!

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 06/26/08 07:05 AM »

Ive done this on a bike. See no thrill in doing this in a truck. In that its just any winding road and be prepared to be passed illegally by more sportbikes than you can count. An Avalanche at Deals Gap is a truck to tow the bike trailer with. IMHO

2005 1500 Z71 Av Silver and Cladded, 285/70R-17 Goodyear Wrangler Silentarmor, Procomp 17x8 Cast Blast Beadlock style wheels, WAAG Frontrunner and rear bumper guard, PIAA 520 Off Road Lights, Polar Bear Taillight guards,  Leveling kit, Flowmaster 50 SUV muffler, and Decal upgrades, Turbo style hood scoop, Aux fuse box, LOF lights, Recon LED Smoked Cab lights12v Power socket in bed, Sail panel windows, Steel Slide, Ipod adapter and more to come!
Vaeagleav

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 06/26/08 07:09 AM »

Map of The Dragon for those who don't know about it.

2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
Sirshopolot

Power To The Avy!

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 06/26/08 03:17 PM »

Interesting .......

Sirshopolot
Vaeagleav

Awards
« Reply #9 on: 04/09/09 12:40 PM »

Another one!
Avalanche On the Dragon!
This was just posted on the highlights section of www.killboy.com ,is it anyone we know?

2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
Sirshopolot

Power To The Avy!

Awards
« Reply #10 on: 04/09/09 04:08 PM »

Another one!
Avalanche On the Dragon!

That's cool! Thanks for sharing Vaeagleav  Thumbs up!

Big laughter with tears
I'd hate to be the one who gets to ride the Big Wheel on the Dragon!

Sirshopolot
BigC Mich

MID-MICHIGAN

Awards
« Reply #11 on: 04/30/09 10:35 AM »

That's cool! Thanks for sharing Vaeagleav  Thumbs up!

Big laughter with tears
I'd hate to be the one who gets to ride the Big Wheel on the Dragon!

I have done that!!!!  It is FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A friend of mine just purchased 47 acres right on the Dragon!!  Can't wait to go back!!!

Here is a picture of the little trike we rode down the Dragon.      This is a real picture and the crash at the end was GREAT!!!!!!

Spork_Driver
CAFCNA 2008 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #12 on: 04/30/09 02:32 PM »

And just to think Travis Pastrana was my hero...up until 2 seconds ago.  love

BigC Mich

MID-MICHIGAN

Awards
« Reply #13 on: 04/30/09 02:39 PM »

Big laughter with tears

And just to think Travis Pastrana was my hero...up until 2 seconds ago.  love

We are not as crazy as he is!!!  Almost but not quite!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: